NGA's Upcoming Events Calendar for 2013
Check back often for updates!
all links (underlined text) are to the official website of the event
No Yard Sales this year!
Please do NOT drop anything off, we cannot afford to have it hauled away!
Right here at the Kennel - Come join us!
Thought this is a family event we must ask that non-Greyhound dogs stay home - thank you!
- Gone to the Dogs at Shelburne Museum in September
- Wreath Sales start in November
Check back for specifics as the time gets closer - thank you!
Ongoing Every Year:
We NEED reliable volunteers to do regular Saturday & Sunday Meet-n-Greets! As Donald had done for years at Pet Food Warehouse on Shelburne Rd among other locations.
The volunteer will be the face of N.G.A.--steering away from controversial topics and focusing on retired racers as pets.
They will be greeting people inside the door at the host stores, and will be there to;
- collect donations for NGA (hand them over to Dorothy or Sue after)
- hand out NGA brochures
- talk-up the joys of 'Hounds
- like the fact that NGA encourages you and your new family member to recognize one another--not just pick out a pretty one from the website ...
- and that potential adopters should visit with an open mind about age, size, gender and color--those considerations don't matter in the least when it comes to which waiting-for-a-forever-home retired-racer is best for you!
- and that YES, the dogs do truly know who their people are! It's a heart-warming this to see--sometimes people come in looking for a young, small, fawn female, and walk out delighted with a middle-aged, large, brindle male!
- and that NGA feels strongly that you should bring your children and/or current family dogs to meet the new addition before bringing them home.
- and that most importantly; NGA will help you overcome those humps that often come with a new pet! Adopters can call us and be given the advice that works best with 'hounds, and we will send the adopter home with solid knowledge, too.
- NGA wants HAPPY, SUCCESSFUL, FOREVER ADOPTIONS!
If you know of a store that would gladly host NGA as door greeters please let us know or offer to be there! (PDF form brochures are here--and in the lower-middle of the homepage--to be down-loaded & printed)
If you would like to help or Volunteer at any of these events
please call or e-mail us - thank you!